Robert D. Shoecraft
Mr. Shoecraft opened the law offices of Shoecraft ♦ Burton, LLP with Ms. Burton in 2004. The firm is and has been rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell since inception. During the course of nearly 35 years’ experience Mr. Shoecraft has represented insurers, brokers, surplus lines brokers and other businesses in the defense and prosecution of complex personal, commercial and excess insurance, reinsurance and insurance broker professional liability matters. He has also devoted substantial time in representing parties in complex commercial, business, professional, environmental and construction liability matters.
Mr. Shoecraft enjoys golf, diving and travelling with his wife Maggie. They are both avid San Diego Padres and San Diego Chargers fans.
Born: Globe, Arizona, December 31, 1954
- Professional Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Environmental Law
- Construction Law
- Commercial Litigation
- California, 1980
- All U.S. District Courts in California, 1980 - 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- JD, cum laude, California Western School of Law, 1980
Chair Advocacy Honors Board, 1989-1990
- BS, Arizona State University, 1976
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble, 1990-present
- Member, Order of the Barristers, 1980
Maryland Casualty Co. v. Reeder, 221 Cal. App. 3d 961 (1990)
Otay Land Co., v. Royal Indemnity Co. (2008) 169 Cal. App. 4th 556
United Enterprises, Inc. v. Superior Court (2010) 183 Cal. App. 4th 1004.