Michael D. Douglas
Mr. Douglas joined Shoecraft Burton, LLP in 2020 as Senior Counsel. Throughout his career, Mr. Douglas has represented insurance carriers in complex coverage litigation and disputes. He has practiced in superior courts and United States District Courts throughout the state of California, the California Court of Appeal, California Supreme Court, and has served as counsel pro hac vice in Utah. Mr. Douglas is listed as counsel of record in favorable decisions published by the California Court of Appeal and United States District Court for the Central District of California. He has helped his clients reach favorable dispositions in high-dollar value litigated matters and settlements.
Mr. Douglas graduated cum laude from California Western School of Law in 2009, where he served as Executive Director of Notes and Comments for the California Western Law Review and International Law Journal.
Mr. Douglas is native to California and enjoys golfing, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- California, 2009
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 2011
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 2011
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2011
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 2011
- JD, California Western School of Law, 2009
- BA, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2004
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Wallace Chapter, San Diego
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers